Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Of rotten teeth and rotten tummy...

Today's escapade with Aie, Shahnaz, Arman and baby Alya (along with Bibi) brought the whole lot of us to Midvalley at 10.30am. Alya was already cranky from the start (perhaps from the abrupt wake up call upon arrival) and Arman was wheeling the baby stroller. Alya did not seem to want to leave the sanctuary of her Mummy's arms...

We hit MPH bookstores first and distracted Arman from Toyz R Us with the promise of a dinosaur book from his Bapak. After a choosy and difficult time selecting the books the kids really like (no dinosaur books in sight, poor Arman!), we headed off towards Food Junction on level 3. I was glad Shahnaz suggested I looked up some baby books. I ended up browsing through a copy on giving birth. Yikes! Somebody give me an epidural now! However, so far I was feeling great, apart from the occasional abdominal pain and the impending migraine that threatened to burst a vessel very soon.

Before going for lunch, Aie decided we could perhaps enjoy a little furry time at the pet store! Wee! It made me so darn maternal! Or perhaps I just so much wanted to adopt one of the cute pets... And then I saw the snake! Ooooh I would love one. Arman became excited with  the birds, as he referred them as the Angry Birds! So funny, Arman... 

Next, we saw the fishes!! Ooooh they were a delight to watch. I think I was even more enthralled in them and their exotic aquarium habitat than the kids. It reminded me of my Papa's own fish tank, where he just simply mixed all types of turtles, fishes and shellfish into one tank. They sort of ate each other. At the pet store, it somehow gave me a piece of mind, and I was already imagining my own cute little fish tank... My next project to save money for: my own exotic fish tank! And then Aie hollered and waved us over to where he and Arman were. Another fish tank with more exotic fishes... and Nemo, his Dad and even Dory!! It was a sight to behold...! The Nemo in the tank was even baby sized to give us the impression that it was Nemo. There was even a fish that resembled Shark Bait! I love Disney...

Finally, it was off to lunch. I was hungry and looking forward to fill the empty crevice that was my stomach. For breakfast I had some french toast and figured I was on my way to having regular meals soon. I was given the freedom to go wander and look for what interested me. I settled on Assam Laksa, the only thing there that ignited my appetite with a glass of ice cold lemon tea. I saw the condiments tray, and immediately filled up a little container with cili potong! I was salivating already. I am a slow eater, so when I arrived at the table, I couldn't wait to dig in. Fortunately, the others did not mind I started first. Shahnaz was already feeding the kids. I took my first bite and... OUCH!! My teeth and gums hurt! I thought they were on the mend! It looks like I am indeed calcium deprived... In the end I managed to only swallow one fourth of the noodles without chewing and finished slurping the soup. I was near to gagging and choking, and couldn't handle anymore of the solid food. My tummy continued to rumble long after we left the food court. I tried to rack my brains on what else I could consume without putting my teeth and gums to anymore torturous endeavours. 

Our final stop (I was still trying to rack my brains here) was Guardian, which I requested we stop by. My poor hubby has been very unwell the past week, with diarrhea which I think some certain food which has gone bad at this certain place is to be blamed.the poor man has been going to the toilet non-stop and vomited anything he ate. Until now his body repelled anything he ingested. I have been begging him to let me take him to the clinic but he prefers not to. So at Guardian (one of my fave place of all!) I asked the pharmacist anything at all that can help his condition. She passed 3 kinds of medication, which I pray to the Lord Almighty will help subside his worsened condition.

After paying for the drugs, we left Midvalley and walked through The Gardens to get to the parking lot. One day I will do all my shopping here with my endless stream of cash and pamper myself and my family with all the goodies available here (my inner mind theater)! For now, I would just look longingly... All of a sudden, a sweet smell beckoned me and tempted my roaring tummy, and I turned around and saw... Big Apple!! I knew that this can go down my throat as the donut is very soft and practically melts in your mouth. No, I am not exaggerating. I got in line and bought 2 Iceberg donuts (double the mouth melting), one for me and one for Arman. I took a few bites and decided that I was still putting the insides of my mouth through more unnecessary torturous endeavours... Sigh... I'll try to finish up later at home.


At home, Mak has arrived from Melaka! She was tired but still entertained the lot of us. I gave Syeel a call to tell her not to pick me up as I will not follow her to Rawang today. I want to look after Basham when he comes home tonight, as I don't want to leave him alone in his very weakened state. I was also hoping I could cajole him into going to the clinic tonight. Syeela said as long as I come home the next day, coz Papa has arrived from Medan and wants to see me, and they want to celebrate his homecoming, Sam's birthday and Mother's Day all rolled into one (as is our usual custom). I promised to after Basham's condition has shown a satisfying improvement. 

I finally felt tired, and will go home for a bath or two (I am always sweating easily these days...) and perhaps try to nap out my fatigue. But first I need to pack up Basham's medicines and pass to Aie, who can pass it to him at Ampang...

Whew, what a day... but it was a great stress reliever after what has transpired these past week and also last night... To Aie and Shahnaz, thanks for a great day out... I needed it...

No comments:

Post a Comment