Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Check up at DDMC...

Abang took me to DDMC to see Uncle Kamal for my check up on Monday (17.10.11). As soon as he picked me up from Batu Caves KTM station, we sped off to Damansara Damai. I was suddenly overexcited over every little single thing... The simplest thing would have me chattering enthusistically, and Abang could hardly catch up. 


We arrived and registered at the counter. I performed my pre-examination routine; peeing on a stick and taking my blood pressure. So far all seems fine. We were 8 numbers away, so we patiently lounged at the waiting area and Abang tuned to the Donald Duck on TV2. I kept bothering him because I just had this abundant energy I need to release! Maybe I was excited at the thought of seeing Aleesya again on the ultrasound... hehehe...


Uncle Kamal finally saw us, and told us the wonderful news of Lin's pregnancy. She is 17 weeks along. In fact, she was in earlier that day. So another Gen3 next year! He told us to attend the Ante-natal class he will be conducting on the 13th of November (if I haven't popped yet, that is!) and join Lin as well. For us, it's FOC!! Yay! Thanks Uncle, you helped us save RM90.


Everything seems to be fine so far with my pregnancy, and Uncle ushered me to the ultrasound machine. Aleesya is so beautiful!! She has all the sharp features of her father. Her head is already making its decent, and is facing outward, towards my belly button. Uncle informed that she is now around 2.5kg, and I should control my sugar intake to avoid the baby becoming too big. Yikes! I glanced over to Abang, and he grinned at me knowingly, looking smug. Ok, fine, I'll control my sweet tooth... But can I have just ONE more Pegaga Dessert Chocolate Nutty Ice Kacang? Pretty please? 


Next, Uncle checked all the baby's vitals and physique, and said she looks fine and in good shape. No cleft or deformity. Alhamdulillah, praise God Almighty... He also checked the remaining amniotic fluid, and said that I have just enough to get through the pregnancy. I have 5 more weeks to go!! 


Lastly, he taught us how to do the 'mengira pergerakan janin'... He gave me a chart, and asked me to record the baby's movement. Daily, until my birth, I am to count Aleesya's movement starting from 9am. After the tenth kick, I can stop the count. If the count does not reach ten by 6pm, then I have to see him. Something could be wrong with her... Ooohhh I hope she kicks me all day then! I'll take the pain...


Before we left his office, he said I am due for another tetanus shot... Ouch, I don't look forward to it, as my last one left my arm sore for a week. I prefer the needle, I just don't like the soreness. It gets in the way of my mobility. He reminded us again on the ante-natal class, and after we salam and thank him, we were ushered to Room 2 by the nurse. There, I got my tetanus shot. OUCH!! The needle prick was painless, but the injection was painful! Abang was with me the entire time... Hehehe... You would have to be there too when Aleesya arrives...


At the counter, after Abang paid for the fees, I received a sample of Anmum baby formula and registered for the (free!) class. We saw Najah and Zul just going into the clinic as we left... We chatted for a while, and after we parted, me and Abang  extended our prayers to them. May they be as blessed as us soon... Amin...  


I was practically jumping up and down excitedly by now and Abang had to anchor me down to earth. He then treated me to Thai food, and I had ikan tiga rasa, ice kacang (after pujuking him, YAY!!), and pulut mangga... YUM!! Thanks Abang, kenyang Aleesya hehehehe...


Next check up at DDMC, 31 October 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment