Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Shopping for Aleesya! (Round 1)



My own Po from Kung Fu Panda!


 After over 10 years of just browsing and looking longingly at baby's stuff at Jusco and baby shops, I finally did baby shopping of my own! For my own baby! Yippee!! Thanks Abang for taking me to Mom's Care and Jusco at Midvalley Megamall last night.


We have already received some giveaways and some gifts for Aleesya from our family, but we still have much to get! So I started by preparing a list, a more thorough list. Me and Abang prepared one a few months ago, but they were not prepared by professional parents, instead we were both over eager parents-to-be who just jotted down anything that came to mind. Aie advised us that we will only utilize half of the stuff most first time parents bought for their first born, and ended up paying a king's ransom for it. 


So I talked to a few experts (Maz and Fad from work, thanks gals!) and came up with the list! Some of the stuff on it I already have, but the rest I just couldn't wait to get! So I checked out cot, as Abang has already assembled the Sweet Cherry baby cot I bought Nuqman back then. Aleesya pinjam ye, Nuqman... Batu tungku for Mummy is at Mama's house... And after we checked off a few more things we already have, we were set to shop! But of course, this was the first of many trips to come. We just completed Round 1...


Without even the thought of dinner on our minds, we went straight to Mum's Care after parking at P2 South Court of Midvalley Megamall. Abang's friend Isla from Radio Island band, told him that we can get good stuff there as his own wife works there. Abang called her up and she awaited for us to arrive and immediately imparted her vast knowledge on what we can get the baby. We were definitely very jakun looking at everything. I mean, it's not that we were complete ignorant fools. We have browsed a few times at Jusco but never got around to buying. Now, when we were finally gonna buy, we did not know where to start! Thanks to Isla's wife, we did not look like kids at a candy store for the first time. She helped us through, and this are the things we got at Mum's Care:
Cutest booties ever!


  • First Year BPA Free Baby Feeding Bottles 3 pack
  • First Year Double Scrubber Bottle Brush
  • First Year Deluxe Nail Clipper with Magnifier
  • Bumble Bee Travel Mattress Set
  • Bumble Bee Pink Booties Socks
  • 2-in-1 Pink Bath Towels
  • 2 piece set Long Sleeve and Long Pants Pink/White (2 sets)
  • Striped Pink Bunny Hooded Blanket
  • Bumble Bee 100% Cotton Receiving Blankets -  3 pieces
  • and a Mum's Care Membership Club free!!!
After ringing Aleesya's stuff up, we asked Sheila (Isla's wife) to care for our purchases at the store while we run off to Jusco to get more baby's essentials. Thought of dinner still eluded us. We were that excited! But Abang had to slow down for my sake because my tummy kept doing that uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions. Long story short, we finally got to the baby's section and again, we were clueless as where to start. But here is what we got:

  • Tenderly Hankerchief Towel - 4 pieces
  • Pureen Napkin Rash Cream
  • Tollyjoy Napkins - 10 pieces
  • Pureen Wipes 2 x 200
  • Pureen Travel Baby Wipes
  • Pureen Kiddi Wash Detergent
  • Tolljoy Baby Suit
  • Pureen Pride & Joy Baby Suit
  • Pureen Pride & Joy Short Sleeve & Short Pants x 2
  • Pigeon White Long Sleeve and Long Pants Rompers
  • Anakku  Booties, Mittens and Hat Set
  • Pureen Pride & Joy Booties and Mittens x 3
  • Baby Binders (with strings)
  • Nursing Pads (for Mummy)
  • Pureen Cotton Buds
My God, a lot of Pureen in our bags... Anyway, we were so happy that on the way home I insisted I sit with everything in front. Of course I couldn't fit. And I kept looking inside the plastic bags as if if I won't see it again. When we got home (after our overdue dinner at Brahim Maju) it was near midnight. Abang was in pain already as his back has been giving him hell for quite some time. I paid more to attention to the baby's stuff than I did him! Sorry Abang... Anyway, I laid out everything nicely on the couch and begin snapping away! So many pink stuff. I didn't want to become those typical mums who bought pink stuff just because their baby is a girl, but it looks like I have been cursed as well. Before going to bed, I separated everything and put aside what needs to be laundered and what needs to be put away. I put the mattress in the cot, and filled up the baby's bag (courtesy of Shahnaz) with a small packet of 8 diapers and traveling baby wipes. As soon as I have washed Aleesya's baby wear, I will prepare her bag ready for the hospital. And my bag needs packing too!

Abang promised to get me the First Year Breast Pump before I return to work after confinement (yay!). And as I have mentioned, this was the first round... Round 2 will commence soon (no money no talk, ma...)!! More pink stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment