Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My night of terror...

Sian my hubby… Maybe I haven’t been sensitive enough to his complaints of pain lately… I was so busy thinking about my own. Well, now I regretted insisting him check his health a lot earlier.

Last week was a gruelling 9-day UiTM Showcase that Abang handled (sound wise). He lacked the sleep, the rest and was forever hauling heavy equipments off and on the stage. Thank God for the crews, but nonetheless, his body was still under duress and a lot or physical stress. In fact, his voice was gone and barely audible due to extreme fatigue. Sigh… I could only watch him as I myself was waddling back and forth trying to precariously balance myself every time I moved.

After the UiTM job, he continued working at the studio back in Selayang. His complaints of body aches and pains got worse. I seriously did not know what to do… He kept ignoring them and said that he would just ride it out. He suspected it could be gout, as his pains seemed similar to Aie’s. He started to limp a bit. Deep down, I know I wouldn’t be able to accept the fact if he were to be diagnosed with gout. I just don’t want to imagine my husband as a sick person. I don’t think I can handle it. To me, he is the healthiest human being alive who God will grace with longevity and happiness… No sickness for him…

Last night, after coming back from the studio, he was in worse pain. Guiltily, I was groggy and hardly noticed he was home. Mind you, I was sneezing the entire day at the office, had sore throat, runny nose, and a fever that came and went. I also skipped dinner because of the lack of appetite, though I managed to force myself to spring clean the house (basically cleaned out my wardrobe, did a few laundries and vacuumed the house). So I was on the brink of exhaustion. Somehow from my on and off slumber, I kept hearing him moaning in pain. I got up and looked for him. He was writhing on the bed. Still groggy, I was deeply concerned but somehow annoyed why he was sick when I am sick… So horrid of me!! I practically scolded him! I can’t believe it, I was a monster… But for the record (and also off the record, for that matter) I would like to blame it on my hormones. Because I refuse to believe I wasn’t sensitive enough last night. And I was not yet fully awake. So yeah, that’s my excuse.

I didn’t want to disturb Aie, so I got dressed, and insisted that I drive him to the hospital. All of a sudden, I heard a painful gagging sound… I rushed to the bathroom and saw that he had spilled his guts all over the bathroom floor. I panicked. This is bad… I just wanted to quickly go to the hospital, but he even tried to clean up the mess with Mr. Muscle. I had to almost scold him again to get him moving. He called Mak to inform Aie or Ajim, as he was worried if anything happened there will be no way I could bear his weight. Thankfully, Ajim drove us. I was thankful for his assistance; because it turned out I couldn’t even push his wheelchair.

For Hospital Selayang and its usual snail-paced service we have been accustomed to, last night was quite fast. We arrived at 2am, and were home by 4am. After triage, the doctor gave Abang an injection of painkillers to relieve him of his pain. We didn’t have to wait long before the doctor called his name. We didn’t even have to wait for the number. The doctor was really nice and courteous, which is lacking nowadays in government hospitals, especially at this hour. She said she was new there, so she was quite unsure of protocols and whatnots. She was kind to Abang and expressed genuine concern over his obvious pain. She asked thoroughly and asked for a urine test. While waiting for the result of the urine test, the doctor requested an X-Ray as she suspected stones in his kidney. Again, we didn’t have to wait long until the doctor called us again and gave us the results. There was blood present in the urine which indicated stones in his kidney, although the X-Ray did not pick it up. She passed a letter she has written, which will refer him to the Urology Department, where a more specific scan will pick up details in his kidney. The doctor also revealed that he had urinary tract infection, but can be cured with antibiotics. She also prescribed some painkillers (Tramadol) and medicines for his nausea along with a reminder to drink lots of fluid but no to coffee and tea (maybe that was why he threw up just now because I smelled coffee from his vomit). But apart from that, he can rest up at home. Yay! I can bring my hubby home!

After thanking the kind doctor and picking up the medicines, Ajim drove us home. The painkiller shot from earlier had almost knocked Abang out completely, so I helped him to bed immediately after arriving home. I tried to coax him to eat the medicines, but he was already fast asleep. I watched him for a long time trying to fall asleep racking with guilt from earlier. I wasn’t myself as I myself was unwell and hormonal. Sian Abang… I promise I will take care of you tonight and devote 200% of my love and attention to your well-being… I love you… We love you… Me and Aleesya love you…

No comments:

Post a Comment