Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Only the Best from a Government Hospital... (Oh, Hospital Selayang...)

I received a piece of news to which I somehow was unsure in responding. Should I laugh? Should I cry? Should I be in denial? Should I BELIEVE it? Sigh...


My husband went to Hospital Selayang's Urology Department to set an appointment for the ultrasound scan his doctor ordered to determine a more specific image of his kidney stones. After dropping me and Shahnaz off at work, he sped off to the hospital. As usual, parking was a pain, and so was the wait. Well, can't complain there, since we are not describing Prince Court.


I texted Hubby and told him to call me as soon as he got the date and has settled matters at the hospital. It wasn't long after my text that he called, and that was when my fine Monday was ruined. My husband has received the date for his ultrasound scan appointment... Drum roll please... 17th January 2012...! My husband is peeing blood and in constant pain, and they want to spy those stones when my baby (who is still floating around in my uterus) reaches 2 months of age... So, how do I respond?


I decided that (after wasting valuable time shaking my head in disbelief) the adult thing to do was not blame the hospital entirely. It will only upset me, as my memories flooded back to arwah Bapak's time there as well as Mak's delayed MRI, which detected her cancer. Again, we are not describing Prince Court, therefore, I cannot complain as much as I would the lousy KTM Komuter.


I told my husband, I have no intention to wait until Aleesya has the attention span of 5 minutes to find out if his kidneys are gonna be OK or not. We will continue with our natural remedy as well as ask Uncle Paul and other relatives how to best get rid of the stones. I will also try to look into our Maybank Insurance Policy and see if there is anything that can be done to claim treatment.


As of now, patience is essential for me to keep my own peace of mind... I think I need it more than Hubby...

No comments:

Post a Comment